Sunday, December 19, 2010

"Eha Ho"

Okay...let me first explain what this means. 

Eha is short for Eharmony.  Oh yes people.  I have joined the land of On-line Dating.  GASP!!!  Hard to believe I know.  But hey, why not.  It's not like men are beating down my door nor do I put myself out there.  Most of you will support me and think it is about time while I'm sure others will be mortified and feel it is some sort of betrayal.  But not one of you has gone through this in their heads and their hearts and felt the Tug of War as much as I.  So enough said about that.  I joined.  I'm a member.  Moving along.

Ho is short for - well Ho.  I tell ya.  Joining one of these sights you feel exactly like that.  You answer a gazillion questions and then try to sum up in so many words why you think you are a great catch for some anonymous man out there.  Then it spits back a profile at you and provides you your strengths and weaknesses then BAM!!! the next day you get a list of men to sift through that could quite possibly be "the one" based on what you have entered.  That's some scary stuff.  It's like standing on the street corner of your local red light district from the comfort of your own home but without the drive by stares and cat calls (not that I would know - just sayin' lol). 

So there you have it.  I'm an "Eha Ho".  Well not exactly.  I haven't actually gone on a date yet but I thought I'd give this a go and share with you the journey and see if it is really all that it says it is. I will of course change the names of the not-so-innocent as I don't anticipate that I will be swept off my feet the first go 'round.  Call me a skeptic, or as I like to describe myself on my Eha profile, a realist. 

I wonder if this is even fair to my would-be suitor.  Man, is he gonna be pissed at me when he reads this eventually lol.  But if he is the right one, he shouldn't be right?  He should just "get me" and my sense of humour.  And according to this site, there should be plenty of fish in the Eha sea.  But let's get this straight right of way too - I am not on one of those cheese ball get laid sites, I'm actually paying for this so will approach it with total sincerity.  (And now haven written that, does that mean if I am paying for it, and I do get me a little somethin' somethin', would that be considered a form of "solicitation" and would Eharmony be my Pimp Daddy???  Oh dear.  This is getting complicated already!!!)

Wish me Luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. if you 'pay for it' online...you're an Ejohn ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good on you for getting back in the game. I don't know if I would have the courage to do the e-dating thing.

    ReplyDelete